Saturday, October 15, 2011

Catching Up (again)

My Blog is like my laundry right now- no matter how hard I try I cannot keep on top of it. We have had a great couple of weeks! Brooklyn and Gracie are both enjoying school and both got to go on field trips. Brooklyn got to go to Hogle Zoo and I was lucky enough to get to go with her. Minus the fact that it was the worst day of weather we have had. The Fall has been so lovely except for last Thursday- the day of the field trip. As we approached Hogle Zoo, the snow started and we walked around in the pouring rain. The kids actually did really well with it all- I didn't hear any complaining. Gracie went on a Fall field trip with her Preschool class to a really cute place in Paradise that has lots of Halloween blow-ups (which my kids love), a wagon ride, and a little train ride. It was fun to be able to go with her and the weather was excellent- in fact, I got a little sunburn. We also celebrated Sean's birthday. The gals decided to do some decorating and wrote him some cute notes. Ella continues to grow way too fast. The night of Sean's birthday she had rice cereal for the first time- she seems to really enjoy it! Life in the Maynard home is good right now!


Hogle Zoo in the rain. Good thing for rain ponchos, umbrellas, and rain boots! If you look close in the drinking fountain picture you can see the rain coming down. And the picture below shows how wet my shoes got. Note to self: next time you see rain boots on clearance, buy them!!



  Ella loves spending time in her saucer and is getting too big!


It was Red Ribbon Week this week- Big Blue made an visit to the school and Brooklyn was SOOO excited! She had to wear her Jr. Aggie shirt. Her class even had a picture with them giving Big Blue 5 in the newspaper. She feels so famous.


 Gracie loved her field trip and you can tell from the pictures that the weather was so much better!

 


The gals decorating for Sean's Birthday!


 Garrett is more than obsessed with Witches and was more than thrilled when he got to dress up as a witch. He keeps saying that is what he wants to be for Halloween- Nat talked him into being a skeleton- but this night, he decided that he wanted to be an idiot for Halloween. I laughed out loud in bed that night thinking of Garrett saying he wanted to be an idiot- good luck with that one Nat!

Miss Ella Sue having cereal for the first time. The pictures go in order she tasted, smiled, and then wasn't so sure!


Sure do love these gals of mine!!

9 comments:

Carley said...

Too cute!!! Looks like you guys have been busy and loving life!!! I love Ella's expression about the rice cereal!

Natalie said...

Good times and great pictures! That place Gracie's class went to looks really fun. We should take all of the kiddos there one day. I love Brooklyn feeling "so famous." That girl is hilarious!!!

And I don't even know where to begin about Garrett/Halloween/Witches/Idiots/Skeletons/etc. October 31 can't come fast enough!!!

Brett and Chelsea said...

We love updates! Your girls are great and we miss then terribly! Glad all is well.

Brett and Chelsea said...

As I've already said the idiot costume is an easy fix, just put him in his BYU apparel

Mal Pal said...

Ok Ella is the prettiest baby in America. Right?

Rachel said...

Ella is so stinking cute!

That is terrible that the rain storm was when you were at the zoo.
That picture of Garrett in the witches costume is HILARIOUS!

kimbereggl said...

Yum! Looks like the rice cereal was a hit. That's about the order that Nora's experience went in..excitement, tasting, spitting, the look of "do you expect me to like this?"

Kylene said...

I love little kid's notes to their parents. So cute and everything spelled phonetically. Little Ella is a complete doll face.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Cute pictures, looks like you have been having some fun! (minus the bad weather)....LOL! It's been so nice lately it almost doesn't feel like October.