We loaded up and went on a drive and had a picnic. I have got to say that I LOVE Yellowstone- I have such priceless memories of the many trips we made to Yellowstone with my Grandma Ila and Grandpa Mar. I love to be able to start to have my kids get some of these same memories. We love to go on drives looking for animals- the gals never get tired of seeing buffaloes, we saw elk, deer, and we were even lucky enough to see several bears. On one drive, we saw a black bear, a grizzly bear, and another grizz with her 2 cubs. The next day as we were driving through one of our favorite places called Hayden Valley, there were about million cars pulled off. We got out to see what was going on and found out that there was a dead buffalo in the river and bears were feeding on it. At one time there were 7 different bears including the mama and her cubs. It was quite the sight- the kiddos were even able to see what was going on and could clearly see the bears- it was a highlight.
My gals love Old Faithful so we headed there one day. We pulled into the parking lot at 12:21 and noticed that there were tons of people gathered around. My mom jumped at of the car to see what time it was predicted to go off and it was to go at 12:26 so my mom, Nat, and I started scrambling getting strollers out and unloading the kiddos. I am sure we looked a sight. We were able to get them unloaded, my mom and Nat go and park the cars and get back just in time to see Old Faithful shoot off! Perfect timing! It is 90 minutes in between it going off so it would have been a brutal wait with the kids. And seeing Old Faithful isn't complete without enjoying some yummy ice cream. By the time we got the ice cream and had it eaten we were actually able to see it shoot off again!
The crew minus me at the cabin at Lake Lodge- what a great trip!! THANKS mom for drowning your sorrows of missing Brett by taking us to Yellowstone- we had a blast!
3 comments:
What a fun impromptu trip. I love those!
That's too bad about the blow outs. I swear they come at the worst times.
You have several darling pictures of the girls and the girls with you. Thanks for sharing them. It was a great trip and we are so glad you came and surprised us.
It was such a fun trip and I really can't believe we pulled it off. I loved seeing all of your pictures--especially the ones of you and the gals at the lake. So cute!
Post a Comment