Dear Ella-
On Sunday July 3rd, you were blessed at our church by daddy. You were given the name Ella Sue. Daddy gave you a very special blessing. You looked so beautiful in your white dress and were an angel all day! You had lots of people there to support you. All of your aunts and uncles were there except uncle David was home in North Carolina. Ella you are a very special little girl! Your have the sweetest little spirit and bring so much joy and happiness into our home. Your older sisters love you so much and you are quite fond of them already. You light up when you see them or hear their voices. Mommy and daddy love you so much. You have a very special name. Ella was the name of my great grandma Petersen. I have so many great memories of her. She lived in the cutest little house in Newton- I loved to explore that house with aunt Nat and uncle Brett. I loved to go and visit her. Every so often after my piano lessons, I would go visit her. She would always request that I go into the parlor and play a song on her beautiful upright piano. She was a tiny lady with a lot of spunk- she lived to be 102. Sue is the name of my mom, your grandma and it is also my middle name. I have always loved having Sue as my middle name and I hope you do to! You had quite the crowd standing in your circle as you were blessed- so you will know who was there- daddy, Bishop Todd Brown, grandpa Pops, grandma Maynard, great grandpa Harris, uncle Brian, uncle Derk, uncle Brett, uncle Karl, uncle Keith, uncle Brent, Ric, Matt, my uncle Ron, my uncle Kevin, my cousin Grayson, and daddy's friend David. After the blessing, we had a dinner at the bowery in Wellsville. It was a VERY hot day- 104 degrees. We were staying up at Bear Lake and drove down for your blessing and then drove back up after the dinner. Ella, I love you so much!
Love- Mommy
2 comments:
Sue is a very nice middle name. As you may remember, I've always wished it was mine, but you were never willing to share. Sad. :(
I loved your family pictures the day of the blessing. So cute!
That was very sweet :)
Post a Comment