Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bear Lake & The 4th of July

We always go up to Bear Lake over the 4th of July. We were able to spend a week up there and as always had a blast! There were people coming and going all week and we drove down on the 3rd to bless Ella in our Ward and drove back up. I absolutely LOVE Bear Lake!! I have so many fond memories of Bear Lake and I am so excited that my gals are able to start to get their own memories of fun times at the Cabin- they love it and keep asking when we are going back. Paula's family was up there with us and are so good to help with my kids. Paula spent a lot of time holding Ella for me and it was nice to be able to have some one-on-one with Brooklyn and Gracie. I feel like since Ella was born they get put off a lot. When Sean was up we were able to go go-carting, get a shaved ice, and go swimming. My little family is so blessed to have so many people that love us and are willing to help us- I couldn't have done it without all the help I got!



We enjoyed swimming, mini-golf, and the beach at Ideal Beach. My cousin's Lori and Camille are always at Ideal Beach the same week and we have fun spending time with them and their kids. My gals LOVE their kids. Brooklyn is especially taken with Elisha- and she is such a good sport to tote Brooklyn along with her.



We spent the majority of the day outside playing- my mom bought the fun squirters and the kids had a blast playing with them. I wish I would've gotten a picture when she lined them up and told them the rules of playing in the water- I don't think the teacher in her will ever be gone. If they didn't obey the rules they had to come in the cabin for a time-out. The kids (for the most part) took the rules very seriously and there was plenty of tattling when someone wasn't obeying the rules.



The kiddos didn't have an adequate pool so when my uncle Ric went down for the Cruise-In, he bought a pool and brought back up. They had a BLAST in it!



My mom also bought some water balloons for the kiddos. Gracie didn't want anything to do with them and Brooklyn and Garrett loved them and loved filling them up by themselves.







Ella was a champ on her first outing to the cabin and loved being held by anyone who would hold her.





One day we heard a commotion outside and looked to see almost every rule being broken- Ric, Brooklyn, and Garrett were having a great water fight.



Nat and I braved it and took the 4 kiddos to the beach. They loved digging in the sand.



We were even able to get a pretty descent picture of all 5 of the kids.



My 4th of July cuties!



We did some fireworks before the firework show on the lake and the kids had so much fun! Garrett and Brooklyn loved the sparklers- Gracie, ever the cautious one, like them but not too close. Notice the picture of my dad holding the sparkler and her trying to get as far away as possible!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We love Bear Lake! Glad you guys had tons of fun!