Sunday, June 26, 2011

Books N Buddies

My sister-in-law Shawna told us about a fun activity at the USU Firestation called Books N Buddies. The firemen are there and teach about bike safety, fire safety, and water safety. Each kid got a book, got to see inside a firetruck, and had some different activities to do as well. It was a lot of fun and the gals enjoyed it and playing with their cousins.









Gracie on the left and her cousin Aaron on the right. The kids loved this activity- they had to wear a life jacket and get pulled on tubes behind a 4-wheeler. As they were going they got sprayed with water from a firefighter.



Brooklyn insisted on taking Abby- Abby not so much a fan. Cousin Audrey on the right. The guy pulling them took them a little too far and they went off the curb and almost went face first onto the blacktop- luckily Brooklyn held on tight to Abby so no injuries occurred.



Gracie, Brooklyn, and Garrett being taught some fire safety information- I love how serious they are all taking it.



Ali and Gracie enjoyed playing inside the firestation.





The girls were sitting up there when the alarm went off and the firemen were being called out. They got in their gear fast and I quickly grabbed the girls.





Sean's sister Evelyn is visiting from North Carolina and they joined us there. Audrey holding Emma, Ali, Brooklyn, Ryan, Gracie, Aaron, and Lauren



Cooling off with a frosty at Wendy's

1 comment:

The Maynards said...

Ali had so much fun. I'm glad you guys were able to join us. I stole the picture of the girls in the firetruck, but the time I had my camera out, we had to get the girls out.