Friday, January 23, 2009

St. George

Last weekend we headed down to warm, sunny St. George. Me and the gals hopped in with my parents and met Nat, Greg, and Garrett down there and the Andies and Pauline also joined us. One of the highlights of the trip besides seeing MaryAnn and her family, the WARM weather, and being crammed into a hotel room was the night Brooklyn lost Blacky. (Let me preface this story. When Brooklyn has a bath and little floaties like lint are in the tub she gathers them and sets them on the side of the tub and they become her friends.) So she was having a bath and found a "friend" and named him Blacky. She set him on the nightstand while she was getting her jammies on and somehow he got lost. This is where the meltdown begins. Ric is searching everywhere for him- I am on my hands and knees with a flashlight trying to find him- Paula is searching- everyone else is trying to find a black piece of lint that could pass off as "Blacky" but she wouldn't fall for. In the process we find all these other "friends" and put them is a cup so they won't get lost. We cannot find Blacky anywhere so we come up with the story that he must have run away to be with his family. Yes- we are talking about a piece of lint. She finally falls for it and decides that he is with his family. All day she had kinda complained that her ear was bothering her, but she had been outside so I thought it was from that. Well she just starts bawling that her ear hurts and she is thrashing all over the place obviously in pain. So she finally gets to sleep and wakes up awhile later and is just screaming saying her ear hurts- it is about midnight by now and Paula and Marlee decide they will go to Walgreen's to get some Tylenol and ear drops. I am dying because we are in a hotel and I am just waiting to get the call that we need to quiet down. The good thing is we had 2 rooms that were shared and one of them was on the end so that is were we had her. Anyways she finally fell asleep. At 3 am she wakes up again bawling and all loud and manages to wake up Gracie and Garrett. Garrett went back to sleep but Gracie thought it was playtime and was as hyper and happy as could be. I think she was up for about 2 hours and finally fell asleep- needless-to-say it was not the best night of sleep I have every gotten. On Tuesday Brooklyn had an appointment with the Allergist and when he looked in her ear he was like, "Wow! That is really red- does she have a history of ear infections?" So she really did have something wrong with her and is on an antibiotic.

The meltdown begins

Me looking for "Blacky"

Total devastation

It was 60 degrees and warm. I called Sean one night and he said to enjoy it because Cache Valley was inverted and it had been 12 degrees that day.

Gracie and Garrett sat there and emptied out Jan's bag. The 2 of them together is trouble.

One of Brooklyn's favorite things to do in St. George is to go to the Temple and Visitor's Center. We went 2 different times and spent a couple hours there and she was thrilled. This temple really is gorgeous.

Getting ready to come home. The sad thing is is that all of this luggage is just me and Nat's.

Grace just chillin in the rocking chair.

I am so blessed and lucky to have such a great support system in my life. I don't know what I would do without Paula and her family to help with the gals. My gals adore and love all of them. Thank you for your help and love Andies. And Nat- I don't know how I got so lucky to have Nat as my sister. She is not only my sister but my bestfriend. She loves my gals like they are her own and they love her that much back. Thanks sisto for all your help. And my parents- I don't even know what to say. They spent the whole weekend driving back and forth from Mary Ann's to the hotel to drive me and the gals around and trying to make us all happy. Thank you so much for all you do for us- it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. We love you!

11 comments:

The Maynards said...

That's kind of gross. Glad you all made it home in one piece.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I dread staying in hotels, it's never a good night of sleep!!!! But I bet the weather felt awesome!!

Carley said...

How nice to be somewhere nice and warm...I HATE, can I say I HATE Winter!!!!! That is so funny about Blacky....poor, poor Blacky....pref

Heather Whitehead said...

How fun warm weather i bet that was so nice. That is too funny about blacky! Your girls are seriously so cute, i love Brooklyns dress and little boots too cute!

The Mursets said...

You should have come to visit us!! Oh wait we're in Henderson. Come visit sometime anyway.

Tyler

Kami Anderson said...

Despite all the drama, it was a fun trip. We are lucky to have each other to depend on. It sure is nice when your family are also your best friends.

Kylene said...

Your "blacky" story had me laughing out loud! The things we do to please our kiddos huh! Cute, cute pic's.

Kara Jorgensen said...

I laughed so so hard!!! Still laughing!!!! So SO sSOSOO funny!

Kiesha said...

-K, I'm crackin' up that Brooklyn chooses to be friends with Toe Jam. Man, talk about a cheap b-day or X-mas present. :) As for early church, I'm actually more on time for it. I think becuase I doddle around when I can sleep in. Or maybe it's because I now just go as frumpy Mom who doesn't always take the time to totally pull it all together. Oh well...I'm already looking forward to when we get to steal 11:00 back!

Natalie said...

Oh man! What a night(s)! I was cracking up over Blacky and then got all teary-eyed when I read your last paragraph. I'M the LUCKY one to have YOU as my sisto. Love ya!

Katie Griffiths said...

Strange little habits kids have...who knows where they come from. What a good week to go somewhere sunny.