Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Festivities

WOW!! We had a GREAT Easter week- make that Easter month!! I just love this time of year- everything is turning green, the kids can play outside after a long winter, and we get to celebrate the final week leading up to our Savior's Crucifixion and Resurrection. The gals were so excited about Easter they could hardly contain themselves. They loved talking and watching videos about our Savior and we really try to get it in their minds that that is the real reason we celebrate Easter.

We started Easter on Saturday- that is when the Easter Bunny visits our house so we can keep Sunday to focus of Jesus. The gals woke up EARLY, but I had put things to entertain them in their room and we made them wait! When they finally got to look for their baskets, they were so excited. The Easter Bunny brought them a new outfit and shoes for their Build-A-Bear friends. We waited for Ella to wake up and she found her basket and loved the bubbles and sidewalk chalk she got. I took the gals to Lee's to see the Easter Bunny, got Ella laid down for her nap and then we dyed the eggs. After that, my parents had their egg hunt for the kiddos. Paula, Kami, Kyle, and Marijka came out to watch. It was so much fun and the weather was perfect for hunting eggs outside. The next day on Easter Sunday, it was my turn to teach Sunday School. I am glad that I was able to teach that day and got to testify that I know that our Savior lives!

On Monday, since it was Spring Break week, the dads were able to take the day off and we headed out to Sean's grandparents house for the day. (We actually ended up going there on Friday to visit with Sean's uncle and his family from Vegas. So it was a bonus to get to go there twice in 3 days.) Sean's grandparents also spoil us and the gals! The weather was kinda yucky, but we did manage to get the hunt in outside in between raining spells. I am so grateful for them and everything they do for our little family! Sean's mom as been here for a couple weeks and the gals have had so much fun having her here too!





















2 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

You captured some darling pictures. It was fun to be there for the egg hunt.

Brett and Chelsea said...

Feb, march, and April just flew by didn't they?!? Love the gals giddups for Easter. Grace looks so grown up. Before you know it, they will be grown!