Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Brooklyn's First Day of School

Someone please make time slow down!! My Brooklyn started 3rd Grade this year!! I can't believe it. I still remember my 3rd grade year- I loved learning cursive and times tables. Brooklyn was so excited for 3rd Grade and getting to have our good friend Karen Luthi for her teacher, then we decided to move. I never have cried when she started school, she was always ready and so excited! I think I more than made up for the years of not crying this year. As we were walking into back to school night, she was ringing her hands and breathing hard saying, "I am so scared mom, I am so nervous." It took every ounce of self-control I had not to start sobbing. We walked into back-to-school night and did not know a soul!! I felt lost in the school- I can't imagine how she was feeling. The next morning, I walked her into to school and into her class- she was so nervous and scared- I told her good-bye and got out of the school as fast as I could, got to the car, and sobbed. I can't even describe the guilt I feel doing this to her. She has a GREAT teacher that we are so thankful for and has made some friends. This week has been a super hard week for her and she has shed many tears missing her friends and her old school! She is going to Summit Elementary in Smithfield- this school is very different and much more diverse (financially as well as culturally). I know she will have a good year once she gets used to it!


1 comment:

Kami Anderson said...

I feel so sad for her. Wish I could be there to cheer her up. I hope things are getting a little better.