A HUGE mess!! We have had sewer problems since we bought this house 6 years ago. We have had to call Roto-Rooter out 5 or 6 times. Last year we replaced the sewer line from our sidewalk to our house hoping that would take care of the problem. Last Friday we realized we were having the same problem- Roto-Rooter came and couldn't get their camera in. So we called the guys that did the job last year to come and see what they thought. After digging into things they decided that we should replace the line from the sidewalk to the mailbox. We have had a few delays in the process because the Blue Stake people didn't stake a spot where some fiber optic telephone wire were- so Qwest had to come out and fix them. When they got the old pipes out they found that in part of one of them was a huge tree root! We are cautiously optimistic that this will solve the problem and we won't have to deal with this mess again. However, the gals have quite enjoyed the process and talking to Perry and Tom- the 2 taking care of the problem.
6 comments:
Oh man...that really stinks...literally! HAHAHAHA!!! The joys of home ownership and being a responsible adult. You gotta love it when your home repair costs as much as a trip to Hawaii. :)
At least the gals were able to entertain Tom and Perry. :)
wow nat is very funny! Around my house we don't call roto rooter we call the 'stool bus'. HA!
We had that same problem in our back yard with a huge willow tree. I feel your pain.
That sucks! Not again!
That's just awesome!! Maybe Mom and Dad's problems are contagious. I sure hope this fixes the problem for you.
Floyd is always lecturing about where I can and can't plant trees so they don't interfere with sewer lines, concrete, etc. I guess I should probably listen...Good luck!
Please don't tell Barry. If I follow all of his rules about where I can't plant trees due to sewer lines and drain fields, I would have no trees in my yard. I keep telling him that by the time the trees grow big enough to cause problems we'll have lots more money. Right??
Post a Comment