We have always began our Memorial Day on Sunday. That is when my grandma always went and put the flowers on the graves. The tradition continues. We started this year going to the Newton Cemetery. It is always a fun time to walk around and tell the kids about the graves and our family and also seeing family and friends and visiting. I miss my grandma and grandpa Petersen so much- it is crazy how much time has gone by, but seems like yesterday at the same time. After Newton, we went and hung out Claudia's, had dessert, and visited. Then it was time to head to Wellsville. There are a couple notable classic Garrett comments that must be documented. When we got there Garrett goes right to the grave, bows his little head, and places his hand on his heart. My mom asked him what what wrong. His response, "I am just so heart broken that Grandma Ila died." My mom and I looked at each other and almost died laughing. We then walked around looking at some other graves. Garrett sees a grave and says, "How did this man die Emmy?" I tell him I have no idea and that we don't know him. He says in a very serious voice, "I am sure he touched the grill at In-N-Out Burger and died." HAHAHAHA!!!! How do you not laugh at that? I did my best at holding it in and told him that I didn't think that is what happened and he ran off on his way. I just love these kiddos! I also miss my grandma Ila so much!! It is crazy that it has been 8 years since she passed away!! She would just love these kids.
On Monday, Memorial Day, we headed up to Idaho to Sean's grandparents. We had so much fun. Their farm is one big playground. I even rode a motorcycle for the first time while up there. It was SOOO much fun. Sean's sister Chantel rode it too and we talked my niece Celina into as well. We couldn't get Brooklyn off the little one. She LOVES it. Gracie also loved riding with Sean. And I think Ella slept the whole time we were outside playing. We headed to the Stone Cemetery and checked things out and then headed home for the last couple days of school. I love Memorial Day and the time we set outside to remember our loved ones who have passed away and also the brave heroes who fought/fight for our Freedom!
No comments:
Post a Comment