Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Relay for Life

Team ABCP participated in our 10th Relay this year!! We had such a great time. We got set up and it was HOT!! It was nice for a few hours and then we started to get word that a bad storm was heading our way from SLC with significant wind gusts. You could see the storm make its way over the Wellsville Mountains so we started scrambling to get things down. We no sooner got it down than the storm hit and boy did it hit!! My cousin Janalee's tent all but blew away. We were holding the corners of our canopies so they didn't blow away and it poured and poured. Some teams chose to bail, but cancer doesn't stop for storms so we didn't stop. We had our usual Jar Drawing and I am never ceased to be amazed at the generosity of the local business that give us items for this no questions asked! We enjoy the time to hang out as family and help raise money for a good cause- a cause that is very near and dear to our family! See you next year Relay!! (Lots of pictures to follow.)


The kiddos and Pops are ready for the first lap



The Relay starts off with a Survivor Lap- this year they had the bystanders write a message to the person they helped through their cancer journey. I don't think there is ever a dry eye when this lap occurs- there are cancer survivors from little toddlers clear up to older people.



We made this sign for our dear friend and cancer fighter Patty Jones. I am so glad we made it- she saw it and shed some tears. And sadly a few short weeks after the Relay Patty lost her fight that she has been fighting for years! Such a great example- you will be missed Patty!



We are VERY proud of our survivor- Janalee


Ella enjoying the Relay



The kiddos love all the activities the different teams do








The storm hits!!









Miss Cache Valley was there and was as cute as can be with the kids. She took them for a stroll in the wagon and then to top things off- she let them wear her crown! The gals were thrilled!









2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that Miss Cache Valley stopped to visit with the girls. That is probably something they will remember for a long time, especially the crown!

Kami Anderson said...

It was nice of you not to mention that Dad and I tried to kill Ella and Gracie by dumping them upside down out of the wagon. I am so relieved they weren't hurt. Dad and I both suffered heart attacks but that's beside the point.