Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Happenings part 2

For the life of me, I cannot keep this blog current. Maybe when school starts- that is my excuse for everything! :) We continued our busy summer by taking the Frontrunner down to Salt Lake and letting the kids play at the splash pad at the Gateway. I have never rode the Frontrunner and this was something that I wanted to do before school started. The kids had a blast!! When a storm started rolling in, we walked to Clark Planetarium and watched a 3-D movie and let the kids play.





We enjoyed spending time at the Cache County Fair and Rodeo. Sean and his brother Keith had a booth at the fair so we spent a couple of days there. Brooklyn loved Big Blue and got a couple pictures taken with him. The second day she even planned her outfits- the first one was a Utah State shirt for her picture with Big Blue and the second outfit was one of the shirts Sean was selling- to support him she said. Gracie wanted nothing to do with Big Blue- the gals LOVED playing at the gymnastics booth. The gals and I went to the rodeo with my mom and dad, Brett and Chels, and Nat, Greg, Garrett, and Abby. It was a lot of fun. Brett and Chels moved this week to Connecticut so we were trying to squeeze as much in with them as we could before they left.





Gracie was thrilled to get her first haircut. Sad to say she will be 4 in December and just got it, but her hair actually has grown pretty even. We just trimmed a few inches off- nothing major.



Sean and I braved it and took the gals to Lagoon. I haven't been to Lagoon for over 10 years, but we had a blast!! There was a lot more for kids to ride there than I remembered. We spent time at Lagoon-A-Beach when we first got there and then hit the rides. We gave the gals a some money they could spend there and they decided to get their faces painted. It was so fun watching how much fun they were having and watching them on the little bumper cars was so funny! Another funny thing happened when we stood in line to ride the Puff rollercoaster, the gals got in a car together and so I decided that I wouldn't ride, but Sean still did. It was so funny to see a grown man riding in the little car all by himself on this tiny rollercoaster. Thanks to the Andies for watching Ella!





3 comments:

Kylene said...

Darling girls and looks like you've had so much fun this summer. My girls want to go to Lagoon so badly but I told them we'd have to try for another time when my pregnant belly is gone. :)

miss you.

Katie Griffiths said...

I just love summer fun...looks like you are livin' it up!

Hope Yellowstone was fun!

Natalie said...

So many fun times!!! We've really had a great summer and I am exhausted from all of our adventures. I loved seeing all of your pictures and reliving the fun!